Not all snakes are poisonous, but if you get bitten by a poisonous one you better rush to medical help immediately. If you can try and remember the color and pattern of the snake so they can identify it and give you the correct anti-venom.
- Have the person rest with the bitten body part lower than the heart
- Seek medical help as soon as possible
- If the person becomes unconscious begin the Primary Survey
- Unless you want poison in your mouth do NOT cut the bite site and suck the blood out
- Do not try to catch the snake it will bite again
- There are many snake bite kits on the market, all designed to suck the poison out. However, blood flows very quickly, within a matter of a few seconds the poison will spread and this will have no effect